EveryonePrint Mobile Gateway has been installed in order to enable iOS devices using the built-in AirPrint functionality.
When using AirPrint, user selects a printer and press "print"; after an elapsed period, an error message is displayed on the iOS device: "The printer is offline."
This error is the sign that there is a communication error for the print flow between the iOS device and the EveryonePrint gateway on TCP port 7910
- Check that firewall and routers are not blocking communication on TCP port 7910 between the iOS device and the EveryonePrint gateway.
- Verify that communication from the iOS device to the Mobile Gateway is possible through TCP port 7910:
- From the Apple App Store install the "iNetTools Free" app
- Choose Port Scan in the App
- Enter the destination DNS/hostname/IP address of the server hosting the EveryonePrint Mobile Gateway and the port to test, ie port 7910 for native AirPrint
- Choose Start to start the port scan
- The result will appear and if it says "Open" the port is accessible