When configuring native AirPrint or App printing from Apple iOS devices, it can sometimes be a little hard to determine the source of a timeout or "The printer is offline" error or similar.
Most of the time when AirPrint or App printing doesn't work, it's a network port not being open in firewalls between the mobile device on the WiFi network and the EveryonePrint servers with mobile gateways.
Use the following simple method to verify if a port is open and accessible from the Apple iOS device:
- From the Apple App Store install the "iNetTools Free" app
- Choose Port Scan in the App
- Enter the destination DNS/hostname/IP address of the server hosting the EveryonePrint Mobile Gateway and the port to test, ie port 7910 for native AirPrint
- Choose Start to start the port scan
- The result will appear and if it says "Open" the ports are accessible
Please sign in to leave a comment.