Please go through this quick checklist to find relevant information in order to prepare a smooth integration of EveryonePrint with popular Print Management and Accounting solutions:
- System Requirements
- Methods of Connection
- Requirements for Basic Integration
- Advanced Print Management Integration
- Additional Resources
1. System Requirements:
EveryonePrint can be installed directly onto the Print Accounting/Management server if there are adequate resources. Otherwise, if the preference is to install EveryonePrint on its own server, the following resources should be in place:
- Windows 2008 Server SP1 (32 or 64 bit), Windows 2008 R2 Server (32 or 64 bit), Windows 2012 or Windows 2012 R2, Windows 2016 server.
- 1GB free RAM for processing of documents (4GB recommended for high volumes)
- 5GB free hard drive space for spooled files (10GB recommended for high volumes)
- Recent generation server CPU processor, such as Intel Xeon 64 or equivalent.
2.Methods of Connection:
The following popular print management solutions allow for advanced integration:
- Nuance Equitrac
- See section 4 for requirements for the above integrations.
- Other advanced integration exists, a complete list can be found in the Integration guides section.
- If advanced integration is not required for any Print Management solution no further external configuration is necessary.
3. Requirements for Basic Integration:
When connecting to a Print Management solution, EveryonePrint will send job information via the print job header that the Print Management solution can pull user details from. In order for this information to transfer properly, the following needs to be in place:
- On the Accounting server: Install the LPD feature (Located under Print Services in Roles inside of Windows Server Manager) needs to be added to the Print Management server
- On the EveryonePrint server: Create a print queue using LPR (see section "12. Printing to remote print servers" in the Installation Guide )
- The EveryonePrint Web Service must run as an account that has admin rights on both the EveryonePrint Server as well as the Print Management server (if they are different).
4. Advanced Print Management Integration:
Further abilities exist for certain Print Management solutions, such as displaying account balances and creating guest users. For full feature abilities of each different integration, as well as how to enable each in EveryonePrint, consult the specific integration guide.
The following requirements will be needed for the respective integration:
- Equitrac SQL connection method:
- Microsoft .NET 3.5 needs to be added under Roles in Windows Server Manager
- The EQCAS database name and instance needs to be known and available
- A test user and password/PIN needs to be known and available
- The Equitrac Tools, with EQCMD needs to be installed on the EveryonePrint server, where EveryonePrint is NOT installed on the Equitrac server
- Equitrac API connection method:
- This method uses the "AccountManagementAPI"
- This should be supported by default by your Equitrac installation license (check with Nuance support if in doubt)
- Minimum requirement is PaperCut version 14
- Access to the papercut administrative pages for creating integration into the Papercut API
- Minimum requirement is PCounter version 2.85
- Communication to PCounter occurs on the PCounter Data server on TCP port 6443
- Access to the PCounter administrative console
- Access to the Windows registry to create API access keys on the PCounter server
5. Additional Resources
Further documentation for individual integrations of Print Management solutions are located on the Integration Guides section, and any questions or issues during configuration can be sent to email@example.com for assistance.
For information regarding the core installation of EveryonePrint, additional information can be located in the EveryonePrint Installation Guide.
Article is closed for comments.