Bulk create QR codes of printers listed on the EveryonePrint server.
2 methods are exposed, using any spread sheet (Microsoft Excel, OpenOffice Calc...) or using Google Sheets with a specific add-on (less manual steps).
1. Retrieve printer list with API:
- Download Curl sample script from our Dropbox
- Use option 6 of the Curl sample script to retrieve the printer list (in JSON format) in a text file (edit the script with valid IP address and API Token)
2. Convert JSON to CSV:
- Open the JSON to CSV converter at https://konklone.io/json/
- Paste content of the printers-list.txt file
- Now you can download the resulting table as a CSV
3. Generate QR codes: 1st method
Open the CSV in a spreadsheet and perform the following editing:
- Remove unused columns B,C and E
- Insert 2 empty columns B and D; Use the 'concatenate' function to fill the 2 new columns B and D with the desired text values:
- Column B - Printer URL: =CONCATENATE("eop://?pid=" ,A2)
- Column D - Text :=CONCATENATE("QR Code for printer:" ,C2)
- Expand the formula to each column
- Save as a new CSV file, close current sheet
- Open then newly created CSV and remove columns A and C; now you have a proper list with 2 columns and the desired text; save this file as qrcodes.csv
- Open qrcodes.csv in a text editor and copy its content
- Go to URL: https://qrexplore.com/generate/
- Paste the content, and select options "Treat as CSV" and "Add filename to image"
- Click [Generate Codes] and download the resulting ZIP file containing images of the desired QR Codes
4. Generate QR codes: Google Sheets method
- Install QR Code generator add-on for Google Sheets
- Open CSV file in Google Sheets and do the following editing:
- Create 2 blank columns between Printer ID and Printer name
- As with previous method, create the needed "Concatenate" functions and values
- Select the content in the 2 columns with the resulting URL and Text
- Open menu 'Add-ons' -> 'QR Code Generator' -> 'Open'
- Check options: 'Save as Document' and/or 'Save as PNG' and 'Use Second Column'
- Click 'Generate' button
- When finished click either:
- 'Open Document' to retrieve a printable document containing all QR codes
- 'Open Folder' to retrieve individual PNG files for each desired QR codes in Google Drive