This 'How to' eplains how to use Access Control and PC Client to selectively present printers to the end-user based on AD/LDAP group membership.
In the example above, we are using HCP containers to create 2 sites and allocate printers, then we will use AD/LDAP groups to allow access to one site or the other.
AD/LDAP Group setup:
- In this example we have 2 AD groups, staff-G1 and student-G1
Use of containers:
- We create 2 containers in HCP and move printers into each one
Modify Access Control:
- By default the containers are inheriting Access Control (greyed)
- Now we can click 'Add' and create a new Access Control for this container; we select an existing AD group
- The new Access Control is now active on the container 'Site 1' for this AD group 'student-G1'; we can the remove inherited Access Control that are not pertinent anymore for this container
- And similarly we can create another Access Control for the 2nd group 'Staff-G1' for the container 'Site 2'
The HCP PC Client is now used on the Workstation to connect to the HCP Gateway:
User of student-G1 logged-in
We only see printers for the associated Site/Access control, ie: Site 1
User of staff-G1 logged-in
We only see printer for the associated Site/Access control, ie: Site 2
Hint: Additional help and information can be found in Hybrid Cloud Platform installation & configuration guide in section 9.9. Containers and access controls
Please sign in to leave a comment.