How to use the new EveryonePrint Chrome Extension with an existing installation of EveryonePrint MobilePrint server ?
1 - Pre-requisite
Your existing EveryonePrint MobilePrint running installation is compatible with the new Chrome Extension; no specific update or setup needed on the server side.
2 - Install Chrome Extension
2.1- Manual installation
- In Chrome open the Menu and go to "More tools" > "Extensions" : click the Extension menu and select "Open Chrome Web Store"
- Or go directlly to Chrome Web Store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/everyoneprint?hl=en-US
- When installed in Chrome, click the "extension options"
- Enter your EOP server IP or hostname and port 7290 or 9443 (or 80 and 443 if you changed default)
- Click test (this should succeed if your Gmail address is already in the Users in EOP)
- If using HTTPS 9443 with EOP built-in certificate, make sure to connect first to https://my-eop.server:9443 and accept the certificate exception so this server is trusted in Chrome
- Click Save
2.2 - Deploy through Google management console
Refer to your local Google Workspace Administrator for automating the deployment of the Extension to managed Chromebooks in the organization.
3 - Use Chrome Extension
- You can pin the Extension to the Browser bar (top right)
- Click the icon of the Extension then click 'synchronize printers"
- Now doing a [CTRL - P] in the "Destination" select "See more..." and you should see your EveryonePrint printers
- Select the printer you want to print to
- Select the finishing options
- And print...
4 - Troubleshooting
In some context even when user perform the [Test] and [Sync printer], he can't see the printers.
This may occur because there is an entry in the Local DB in Everyoneprint with a name 'jdoe' associated with his Gmail address "firstname.lastname@example.org"
However because LDAP/AD authentication has been setup, EveryonePrint can't retrieve the printer list as the user in AD has a different sAMAccountname like 'john-doe' with the email address "email@example.com"
To fix the issue :
- make sure to remove the entry "jdoe" in the Local DB ( Admin console > Users )
- in Chrome verify that the logged in user is "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- click Test and Save
- click Sync printers
- verify printers are listed