When attempting to log into a Ricoh MFD, a Login Failed: Unknown Terminal Error appears.
The error above appears if the Ricoh embedded client has not been fully configured, because the configuration package has not been received by the device. Issue is either a blocked port or the UDP package could not be delivered from HCP gateway to the Ricoh device.
The following steps have proved to be reliable:
- Verify that firewalls and network allow for transmission of UDP packets from HCP gateway to the Ricoh device on port 8710
- Uninstall current Ricoh embedded client from device
- Check device web UI that it has been uninstalled.
- Verify that HCP gateway runs 3.14.2 or newer
- Repeat "Install and configure" of the Ricoh embedded using 3.14.2 or newer gateway
- Wait 15 minutes. Make sure not to touch device in the mean time, to allow the UDP comms to connect.
- Check if "Unknown terminal" is still present
- If "Unknown terminal" is still present press 'Configure' in HCP Embedded and try again.
- If "Unknown terminal" is still present power cycle the device using the power button on the device. (this ensures the screen is turned off - do not use the reboot on the Web Image Monitor), and then repeat step 6-8
- If "Unknown terminal" still is present when trying to login get device logs from the device and escalate to support.