The customer wants the ability to be able to print via IPPS from a gateway to a printer on the local network after the print job has been sent to the cloud and encryption at rest is enabled within HCP.
The customer would like additional security in place across their internal network, including print jobs.
In this example,
- 1 x HCP gateway
- All users will print to a Pull input port via any method
- Print job will be held in the cloud
- Print job release is via embedded client / mobile
- HP printer is used as an example printer but the same principle applies for other vendors
- DNS is in place and domain name is "EOP.LOCAL"
Follow the steps below:
1. Export Certificate from printer as below (HP in this example)
2. Import certificate into HCP
2. Create a printer in HCP, ensuring that the configuration is as below:
- Protocol is IPP
- Printer IPP URL is as below, with the DNS name of the printer
- Document output service is set to the point to the gateway
Print jobs delivered to the printer above will now be sent via the IPPS protocol.
Having questions, sales or technical matter, difficulties, contact our Customer Support Center or simply drop and email with your question to: email@example.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.